Chocolate Orange Porridge is a very good reason to love colder weather. The warmth of this dish together with the combined flavours make it a winner. However, instead of using chocolate spread try melting some leftover Easter eggs and adding the melted chocolate to the porridge before serving. Also, a drizzle of honey will just sweeten the oranges and remove a little of the acidity.
Chocolate Orange Porridge
- Place the oats and milk in a large saucepan on a medium heat.
- Peel the oranges and divide into segments.
- Bring to the boil, reduce the heat, and simmer for about 6 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chocolate spread and stir in until melted.
- Pour the porridge into four bowls.
- Divide the orange segments between each bowl and arrange on top.
- Serve immediately.