Mince Stuffed Peppers are a delight to cook and eat. They are very simple to prepare and using different colour bell peppers makes it a beautiful site. I often add a hint of chilli or paprika for additional heat. Also use mozzarella instead of cheddar but gruyere and any other cheese can be used. Served as a main dish, side dish and as a starter making this an adaptable recipe.
Mince Stuffed Peppers
- Place a large pan (with lid) over a medium high heat and add a little oil.
- Add the chopped onion and fry for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the beef mince and garlic and cook continual stirring until the mince has browned.
- The mince needs to be small pieces so break up any chunks using your spoon.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/390F or gas 6
- When browned, add the tomatoes, stock cube(crumbled), oregano and tomato ketchup.
- Stir well to combine everything. Taste the mixture and season accordingly.
- Add the lid and reduce the heat until at a simmer.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Whilst the filling is simmering away, slice the top off the peppers and remove the seed and white membrane..
- Lightly oil a roasting tin and stand the peppers up, open top upwards and place in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Once the mince has been simmering and the peppers baked, fill each pepper carefully until full.
- Grate a little cheese over the top of each pepper and return to the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately.