This recipe for Moroccan-spiced roast chicken is a feast for the senses – succulent roast chicken with Middle Eastern flavours of paprika and cumin.
Moroccan Roast Chicken
- Combine the shallots, garlic, parsley, cilantro, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, and optional cayenne in an electric blender or food processor and process until a smooth paste is formed.
- Rub the paste on the chicken and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and place the lemon wedges among the pieces (or in the cavity if using a whole chicken), squeezing a little lemon juice over the chicken.
- Bake in a preheated 400F (200C) oven (or grill over hot coals) until the juices run clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pierced, about 1 hour (2 hours if using a whole chicken).
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Served with a refreshing Apricot relish is the perfect finishing touch.