This recipe for Moroccan-spiced roast chicken is a feast for the senses – succulent roast chicken with Middle Eastern flavours of paprika and cumin.
Moroccan Roast Chicken
The sauce rub can be used on lamb, pork and seafood as well so time to experiment.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Combine the shallots, garlic, parsley, cilantro, paprika, cumin, salt, pepper, and optional cayenne in an electric blender or food processor and process until a smooth paste is formed.
- Rub the paste on the chicken and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place the chicken in a roasting pan and place the lemon wedges among the pieces (or in the cavity if using a whole chicken), squeezing a little lemon juice over the chicken.
- Bake in a preheated 400F (200C) oven (or grill over hot coals) until the juices run clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pierced, about 1 hour (2 hours if using a whole chicken).
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Served with a refreshing Apricot relish is the perfect finishing touch.
Sodium: 325mg | Sugar: 0.1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 37mg | Cholesterol: 405mg | Calories: 979kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.01g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Fat: 69g | Protein: 85g | Carbohydrates: 2g