Mushroom Pasta is fast tasty recipe that is a family favourite. The smoothness of the creamy sauce combines with the mushroom and silky pasta to create a superb dish. To create a main dish in 20 minutes that is so filling and easy that even I can make it. This is a vegetarian dish that even meat lovers adore.
- In a large frying pan, melt the butter together with the olive oil.
- Add the onion and garlic and fry until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the white wine and cook until the volume of liquid has reduced by half.
- Add the pasta to boiling water, add salt and cook per the instructions.
- Reduce the heat and add the cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Finally add the parsley and check the seasoning again. Add more if needed.
- Drain the pasta using a sieve retaining a mug of the pasta water.
- Add the cooked pasta to the frying pan and toss until covered with the sauce.
- If the sauce is too thick, add a spoonful of the starchy water to thin it.
- Serve immediately in warmed bowls.