Simple Chocolate Chip Cookies are a firm favourite in most households. Using this recipe, you can produce batches of them time after time. I normally double the quantity in this recipe as my family love them.
SImple Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are always available in my house for when the children and grandchildren pop round.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 10 cookies
- Preheat oven to 180C/gas 4.
- Using greasproof or parchment paper cover two baking sheets.
- Using a food mixer, large or hand held, mix the butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well.
- When fully combined, add the flour, bicarb of soda, chocolate chip and a large pinch of salt. Gently mix so not to destroy the chocolate chips.
- I use a large ice cream scoop for the next bit. Scoop balls of the mixture onto the prepared trays. Leave space so they can spread a bit.
- Bake for 10-12 mins. They should be firm around the outer edge but slightly soft in the middle. They will continue to firm up.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool or have warm. Either way is perfect.
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 160mg | Potassium: 36mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 360IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg