This is an simple but elegant starter that can be a starter or dipper. Serve with crusty bread and dip away. It is lovely when warm rather than hot and ideal for sharing with a loved one.
Herbed Brie in Pastry
One of my favourite starter. The soft Brie flavoured with herbs and soft baked. What s not to like?Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 8 people
- Cut off and discard the top rind of the Brie.
- Combine the shallots, herbs, wine, and pepper in a small bowl and press firmly over the top of the cheese.
- Roll out the pastry dough on a lightly floured surface to make a 10-inch (25 cm) square.
- Place the pastry over the cheese and fold it under the cheese to enclose it completely.
- Turn the cheese over and press the pastry seams together.
- Turn right side up and brush with the beaten egg.
- Bake in a preheated 400F (200C) oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
So easy and so gooooooooooeeey. Everybody who loves cheese will love this.
Calories: 424kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 582mg | Potassium: 169mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g