Pasta with Fennel Pesto
A delightfully flavoured simple vegetarian pasta dish that is warm and welcoming.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 2 people
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes 250 ml
- 1 cup boiling water 250 ml
- 1/2 small fennel bulb
- 1/4 cup pine nuts lightly toasted, 60 ml, pignoli
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese grated, 30 ml
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves 60 ml
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil 30 ml
- 2 tsp lemon juice 10 ml
- Salt to taste
- ground pepper to taste
- Combine the tomatoes and boiling water in a small bowl and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Drain the tomatoes, reserving the liquid.
- Combine the tomatoes and the remaining pesto ingredients in an electric blender or food processor.
- Process until a smooth paste is formed, adding as much of the reserved water as necessary.
- Toss with the hot pasta and serve garnished with pine nuts and basil.
- Serve Immediately
- The pine nuts are best when toast lightly for a garnish.
- Choose your favourite pasta. This recipe works well with most.
- The pasta should be cooked according to the packet instructions.
Calories: 990kcal | Carbohydrates: 105g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 48g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 13mg | Sodium: 595mg | Potassium: 69mg | Fiber: 18g | Sugar: 37g