Spanish Garlic Chicken Wings – Pollo al Ajillo is one of my favourite Spanish recipes. It is full of flavour and an aroma that brings people to the table. The moist chicken with paprika and a touch of Sherry served on a bed of rice is a perfect main dish. Also this dish can be made in advance. However be warned, this will be requested more and more.
Spanish Garlic Chicken Wings (Pollo al Ajillo)
- Season the chicken wings liberally with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat and saute the chicken wings until golden brown.
- Reduce the heat and add the garlic, bay leaf, and sherry.
- Cook uncovered, shaking the pan and turning the wings occasionally, until the chicken is cooked and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 20 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature, garnished with chopped parsley.