Easy Stuffed Peppers is a remarkable recipe. The flavours are amazing with the hint of garlic and kick of the olives. These blend so well with the tomatoes and cheese in a soft red pepper shell. I have used this as a starter, side dish and also as a main dish.
Easy Stuffed Peppers
- Using a very sharp knife and remove the top of the red peppers.
- Scoop out the seeds making sure all of the seeds are removed and the peppers are empty.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and add the rice. Cover the rice in the oil and add the boiling water and bring to the boil. When boiling, reduce to a simmer and cook according to the rice instructions.
- In a separate pan, add a little oil and fry the garlic until brown, add the tomatoes and chopped black olives and heat up.
- While the rice is cooking, place the peppers in a microwavable dish. Microwave on high for 5 minutes until the peppers have softened.
- When the rice is cooked, add the tomato, garlic and olives to each of the pepper.
- Break up the cheese and place slices in each of the peppers.
- Cook for a further 8 minutes.