Pasta Peperonata is a simple dish that takes the flavours of Italy and makes them available to the world. The dish is both easy to make and amazingly tasty.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 6 people
- 4 tbsp Extra Virgin olive oil 60 ml
- 2 large red bell peppers seeded and sliced
- 2 large green bell peppers seeded and sliced
- 2 large yellow bell peppers seeded and sliced
- 3 medium onions sliced
- 1 large red onion sliced
- 10 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine or water 60 ml
- 1 tsp sugar 5 ml
- 20 oil-cured black olives pitted and coarsely chopped (optional)
- 4 tbsp capers 60 ml, optional
- salt to taste
- 16 oz pasta cooked, 350 - 450 g
- Parmesan cheese
- ground pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat.
- Sauté the peppers, onions, and garlic, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Add the wine or water and simmer covered for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar and cook uncovered for 20 minutes, until the mixture is very soft and lightly browned.
- Add the optional olives and capers and season with salt and pepper.
- Toss with the cooked pasta and serve immediately with Parmesan cheese.
A fast but colourful and tasty pasta dish. A good source of vegetables.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 470mg | Potassium: 65mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g