Linguini with Squid and Garlic is a fast pasta dish that hits the spot every time anytime. The simple ingredients work so well together that it is hard to fail. We like to have a bit of heat with our meals and the squid can handle the chilli. Just adjust the amount to suit your taste buds. Obviously, the white wine adds to the flavour of the dish and the alcohol part is evaporated. We always just pour a glass of the left over wine when cooking and a glass when eating. It is a perfect dish with a chilled glass of white wine. For those who don’t like squid, you can substitute it for shrimp and it has worked just as well. The children love the shrimp version which makes it the perfect recipe for families on the go.
Linguini with Squid and Garlic
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over moderate heat and saute the garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and wine and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Boil a pan of water, add salt and cook pasta according to instructions.
- Add the remaining ingredients except the pasta and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and toss to combine. Serve immediately.