Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs is a firm favourite nowadays. The marinade is a pleasure to eat and takes chicken thighs to a new level. Served as a main dish with rice and a few scallions or in a sandwich for that extra kick. I use thighs are they are more forgiving than breasts and absorb more of the superb marinade. In this recipe I have used smoked paprika and tomato passata but you can substitute chipotle pepper in adobe sauce for a bigger kick.
Spicy Grilled Chicken Thighs
- Place all ingredients (except chicken and scallion) together into a food processor and pulse until lovely and smooth.
- Add the chicken thighs to a large dish and pour over the marinade. (or use a large zip lock bag).
- Massage the marinade into the chicken making sure every part is covered.
- Cover the dish with cling film and place in the fridge for at least 2 hours. I usually prepare this the night in advance.
- Place a griddle pan over a medium high heat and add the chicken in portions.
- The chicken should take about 5 minutes on each side making sure it is fully cooked before serving.
- Serve with chopped scallions for contrast colour and crunch.