A simple recipe that produces a powerful yet subtle sauce. Vodka Cream Sauce is ideal for coating dishes such as pasta. Do not get the wrong impression, this dish only contains a few tablespoons of Vodka but you could add more. I usually make this sauce to go with plain pasta and its makes a seriously good main dish. It is called not surprisingly Rigatoni in Vodka Cream Sauce – Rigatoni alla Bettola. However, I have made this and served it with beef for a lovely alternative. Also with pork served on a bed of piping hot rice. These all make lovely main dishes that are filling, fragrant and simple with a sauce that takes less than 20 minutes.
Vodka Cream Sauce
- Heat the oil in a skillet large enough to hold the cooked pasta (if using).
- Saute the garlic and optional hot pepper flakes until the garlic is golden but not brown.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Add the vodka and cream and stir.
- Remove from the heat and add the parsley and the cooked pasta (if using).
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
- Otherwise pour over the meat and side vegetables and eat whilst hot.