Shrimp and Scallop Pizza is a simply lovely variation of a classic pizza base. Using seafood is not new but shrimp and scallops adds a touch of style. Ideally I use sea scallops as they are far larger but if not available then bay scallops will do the job. The seafood mixed with the Mozzarella and goats cheese give the perfect balance. I often include a finely sliced green and red bell pepper for an additional texture and bit of crunch. I often serve this with a Cashew Salad and depending on the number of people eating an Acapulco Chicken Pizza.
Shrimp and Scallop Pizza
- and cut into half lengthwise. Wash scallops and slice,if using large variety. Pat seafood dry on paper towels.
- Sauté garlic in oil over medium low heat until soft. Do not allow to brown.
- Lower the heat and add shrimp and scallops.
- Cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove to a plate to cool.
- Add the sliced scallion to the pan and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Remove and reserve the oil.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Roll out dough on floured surface. Brush pan with a little oil and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Place the dough on the pan and trim the edges.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and lightly brush the crust with a little oil. Spread with half mozzarella cheese and half the pizza sauce.
- Now add the crumbled goat cheese, shrimp and scallops and spoon on the rest of the pizza sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake on the bottom rack of oven for 15 to 20 minutes.