Berry Blueberry Chutney is a simple but excellent chutney with cold meats in a sandwich. The flavours are subtle yet add to any meat, especially in a sandwich. The multiple fruit flavours, orange peel, blueberries and cranberry sauce blend superbly. When mixed with the ginger, red pepper and deep flavour of the Balsamic Vinegar creates a dish that is so full of flavour. I must admit, I often served this on warmed bread for a lovely snack. Alternatively served with a strong flavoured cheddar for a lovely after dinner conclusion. Either way, it works so well and can carry it flavour without being swamped.
Berry Blueberry Chutney
- In a medium nonreactive saucepan combine blueberries, cranberry sauce, sugar, balsamic vinegar, orange peel, ginger, and red and black peppers.
- Bring to a boil; boil uncovered, stirring frequently, until slightly thickened, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Pour into steam cleaned jars.
- cover and refrigerate up to 3 weeks, or place in canning jars and process according to manufacturer's directions, or place in covered plastic containers and freeze.
- Serve with roasted or grilled turkey, chicken or pork.