British Potted Shrimp
Used like a pate, this is a smooth shrimp paste.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Heat half the butter in a saucepan over moderate heat, skimming off and discarding the foam as it rises to the top.
- Add the shrimp, salt, pepper, mace, and optional cayenne and heat without boiling.
- Spoon the mixture into 4 ramekins.
- Melt the remaining butter, skimming off and discarding the foam as it rises to the top, and spoon over the shrimp, leaving the sediment behind.
- Cool until the butter is almost set and place a small sprig of dill on the surface of the butter.
- Chill in the refrigerator and let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve with bread or toast points and lemon wedges.
Calories: 135kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 110mg | Sodium: 277mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g