Coconut Chicken Soup
This is a lovely expansion of the normal chicken soup. The coconut adds a subtle flavour that boosts the dish.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Slice the chicken into 1/4-inch (5 mm) strips.
- Smash the lemon grass with the flat of a large knife and cut into 1-inch (2 cm) pieces.
- Heat the coconut milk and water in a saucepan over moderate heat-do not boil.
- Add the lemon grass, ginger, and chilies and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring frequently and being careful that the mixture does not boil.
- Add the chicken strips and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve garnished with cilantro.
Sodium: 572mg | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 184mg | Cholesterol: 47mg | Calories: 139kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fat: 7g | Protein: 17g | Carbohydrates: 3g