A Japanese Teriyaki Chicken Marinade is simple and is only a few ingredients. The flavour though is amazing. This can be used with so many proteins and even used to flavour vegetables for children. I make this in advance and store in the fridge.
Teriyaki Chicken Marinade
- Combine the soy sauce, sake, mirin and caster sugar into a small saucepan and place over a low heat. Keep stirring until the sugar dissolves and put to one side.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Dip the chicken into the cornflour and shake off the excess. I skewer the chicken here but you don’t have to.
- Add to the pan carefully.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until golden brown on both sides and just cooked through.
- Reduce to medium heat and pour about half the teriyaki sauce over the chicken and bring to a simmer. Stir until the sauce thickens and the chicken becomes well coated.
- Repeat with the remaining teriyaki sauce until it thickens.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds and coriander over the chicken and serve