Homemade crumpets are easy to prepare and cook and bring a smile to everybody's faces. After all Who doesn't like a crumpet???Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 10 crumpets
- Stir together the yeast, sugar, and water in a small bowl and allow to proof for 10 minutes.
- Sift together the flour and salt in a mixing bowl and stir in the yeast mixture, milk, egg, and 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of melted butter.
- Beat vigorously until the batter is smooth.
- Allow to rise until doubled in volume, about 1 hour.
- Heat a small amount of butter in a large skillet over moderate heat, and butter the insides of the ring moulds.
- Place the ring molds in the skillet and pour about 1 tablespoonful (15 ml) of the batter into each ring.
- Remove the rings when the crumpets begin to bubble and the bottoms start to brown.
- Turn the crumpets over and brown the other side.
- Serve immediately with butter, jams, or marmalade.
Who doesnt like a crumpet???
Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 70mg | Potassium: 37mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 1g