Curried Seafood Rice is a recipe that I fell in love with. The rice is cooked in advance and often the day before and placed in the fridge. The addition of curry paste and the vegetables make this a meal in it own right. Many people call it a side dish but to me it is a main dish and I have actually had just this many a night. You can vary the strength of the dish and I have loaded my favourite homemade curry paste for you. I always use prawns or shrimp, it just depends on which one is cheaper at the time of cooking.
Curried Seafood Rice
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet – rinse and drain.
- Boil a kettle of water
- Heat the oil in a large pan.
- Add the onion and fry for around 3 minutes until soft and golden.
- Add the tomatoes and cook an additional 5 minutes – the tomatoes need to break down into the onion.
- At this point, you may need to add a few tablespoons of boiling water if the mixture looks like it’s drying out, add some more otherwise just continue
- Add the curry paste and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add boiling water if needed to avoid the sauce becoming too thick.
- Add the rice and peas, stir thoroughly until they are heated through.
- Add the prawns or shrimp and stir again – keep stirring for 2 or 3 minutes – until the water has been absorbed into the sauce.
- Always serve it piping hot.
- Place the dish onto plates and scatter chopped coriander or parsley over.
- Add mango chutney, yoghurt sauce and some naan bread. if you wish, All recipes on this site.