Barbecue Chicken Thighs is a simple recipe that is one of my favourites. Its always bbq season at my house and these are a popular sticky gorgeous recipe that is always first to go. The ingredients are simple but this main dish or side dish is sweet and succulent. I have listed how to cook the chicken thighs on a barbecue and on a hob.
Barbecue Chicken Thighs
- I like to make the marinade in advance and give the chicken a chance to fully absorb the flavours.
- In a saucepan, add the cider vinegar with the same amount of water(100ml).
- Add the brown sugar, paprika, mustard and soy sauce and stir thoroughly to combine. Bring the marinade to a boil and then reduce the heat so that the marinade simmers.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes until it has reduced in volume and thickened.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as required.
- Place to one side and allow to cool.
- Season the thighs lightly with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs into the marinade and leave for 1 hour.
- When the barbecue is ready, place the chicken thighs on the grill and cook for about 2-4 minutes per side rotating regularly to prevent charring.
- Continue to brush the thighs with the marinade during cooking for that extra burst of flavour.
- When fully cooked, remove from the heat and place to one side and allow to rest for about 5 minutes under foil.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Alternatively, you can cook the chicken thighs on a hob using a piping hot griddle pan.
- Add the thighs and cook for about 4 minutes each side.
- As with the barbecue, brush the marinade over the chicken during cooking.
- Again when cooked remove from the heat and allow to rest before serving.