A simple but succulent recipe that everybody loves.
Danish Cured Salmon (Gravlax)
- Rinse the salmon and dry it thoroughly with paper towels.
- Place in a glass baking dish and sprinkle with half the dill.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle half the mixture over the salmon.
- Turn the salmon over, sprinkle with the remaining salt mixture, and top with the remaining dill.
- Cover with plastic wrap, place a flat plate or pot lid on top, and place several cans of food on top for weight.
- Refrigerate for 24 to 48 hours.
- To serve, drain the salmon and cut diagonally into thin slices.