Funny Sausage Rolls are a version on the standard sausage roll. These are ideal for children to help make and eat as a snack, lunch and part of a picnic. They can easily be made in advance and stored in the fridge until needed.
Funny Sausage Rolls
Funny way to get children interested in cooking.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 24 Rolls
- Pre heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7/ 400F
- Lightly flour a flat work area and roll out the puff pastry.
- The final area should be about 20x25cm
- Using a sharpish knife cut the pastry into strips about 1cm wide. You need to end up with 24 strips.
- Carefully cut the chipolatas into half so you have 24 pieces. This is why I like to use the longer chipolata sausages as even in half is still a good size.
- Wrap each chipolata with a strip of pastry leaving a gap for the eyeballs to be added later.
- Cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Break the egg into a small bowl and whisk. Brush the beatn egg over the pastry for a lovely colour.
- Add the sausage rolls onto to tray and place in the oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
- When cooked transfer to a cooling tray.
- Whilst still warm, add the eyes and allow to cool.
Sodium: 251mg | Calcium: 2mg | Vitamin A: 11IU | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 1g | Potassium: 11mg | Cholesterol: 8mg | Calories: 127kcal | Trans Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Fat: 10g | Protein: 4g | Carbohydrates: 6g | Iron: 1mg