A lovely simple but refreshing seafood salad. I have used shrimp in this recipe but you can use squid, prawns, mussels, scallops etc.
Italian Seafood Salad - Insalata di Mare
- Place the water, salt, and 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of the vinegar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add the shrimp and remove 1 minute after the water has returned to a boil.
- Remove the shrimp with a slotted spoon and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Repeat this process using the same water with the squid and scallops.
- Combine the cooked seafood with the remaining vinegar, tomato, cannellini, fresh herbs, olive oil, and salt to taste in a mixing bowl and toss gently to combine.
- Serve at room temperature.
- The shrimp should be peeled, deveined, and halved lengthwise
- The squid should be cleaned and cut into 1/2-inch (2 cm) pieces
- The scallops should be halved horizontally for greater flavour
- I usually use parsley but marjoram or basil also work well with this dish.