Mexican Hash (Picadillo)
Mexican Hash is a spiced up version of the traditional Western meal. The addition of the 3 C's Chili, cumin and cinnamon makes this dish a meal with attitude.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Cook the beef and onion in a large skillet over moderate heat until the beef is browned.
- Drain the beef and combine with the remaining ingredients except the almonds in a slow cooker.
- Cook covered on low until most of the liquid is absorbed, 3 to 4 hours.
- Alternately, cook tightly covered in a 300F (150C) oven for 2 hours.
- Garnish with slivered almonds.
Calories: 965kcal | Carbohydrates: 63g | Protein: 48g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 20g | Trans Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 161mg | Sodium: 178mg | Potassium: 1407mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 41g