Potato Salad is a vital part of a summer salad, picnic and bbq. Most people don’t realise that this is actually a German Dish. Potato Salad is considered a side dish as it accompanies a main but can be eaten both hot and cold. The original recipe can be varied to suit your own taste by adding a pinch of paprika for heat, Chilli for spice. Herbs for a floral hit and so on. The list is extensive. This dish has so much more flavour, texture than a shop brought one. Especially as you know the quality of the ingredients you are using. This is also an ideal bbq and picnic side dish that is always popular.
- Boil potatoes in their jackets. When soft, peel and dice. Add the celery, eggs and onion.
- Fry bacon in skillet until crisp and brown.
- Beat the eggs; add the sugar, dry mustard, parsley, salt, pepper, vinegar, and water.
- Mix well.
- Pour egg mixture into small amount of hot bacon fat and stir until mixture thickens (about 10 minutes).
- Pour over the potato mixture and mix lightly.