Rock Cornish Game Hens With Prune Stuffing is a truly gorgeous warming meal. The Cornish Hens are marinated overnight filling them with a sweetness that is hard to describe except gorgeous. Serve this dish with roasted shallots and on a bed of fresh soft buttery Garlic Mashed Potatoes for my favourite combination. If you have a different mixture then let me know.
Rock Cornish Game Hens With Prune Stuffing
- Place prunes in bowl. Marinate in sherry overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wash hens. Season cavities with salt and pepper.
- Drain prunes. Stuff 3 prunes in 1-pound hens or 6 prunes in 2-pound hens. Close with toothpicks. Tie legs together.
- Place in baking dish on rack. Brush with oil, salt, and pepper, and place in oven.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Melt jelly with 2 tablespoons sherry.
- Brush hens with glaze and bake 10 minutes. Repeat. Bake 45 minutes in all. If using 2-pound hens, cut in half down the middle. Arrange hens with 3 prunes under each half. Remove toothpicks and untie legs.