San Francisco Chicken wings in a orange sauce that will get you licking your lips even before you start eating. This recipe combines the essentials of a good main dish; flavour, aroma and appearance. The orange juice, soy sauce and other ingredients create a sauce that coats the chicken wings perfectly. San Francisco Chicken Wings are sweet, sticky and incredibly tasty. These are ideal as a side-dish, canapes and also as a snack. We having a growing selection of chicken wing recipes. How about trying others including Thai Chicken Wings, Bourbon Chicken Wings or Sesame Chicken Wings. Which ever you choose, you can be sure they will be tasty.
San Francisco Chicken Wings
- 1/4 cup orange juice 60 ml
- 6 tbsp soy sauce 90 ml
- 2 tbsp dry Sherry 30 ml
- 1 tbsp brown sugar 15 ml
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar 15 ml
- 2 inch Orange zest 5 cm
- 1 whole star anise
- 1 tsp cornstarch mixed with cornflour 5 ml,
- 1/4 cup cold water 60 ml
- 1 tbsp ginger 15 ml, grated
- 1 tbsp garlic 15 ml, crushed
- Cayenne pepper to taste, optional
- 3-4 lbs Chicken wings 1.5-2 Kg
- Combine the orange juice, soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, vinegar, orange zest, and star anise in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over moderate heat.
- Add the cornstarch mixture and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the ginger, garlic, and optional cayenne.
- Arrange the chicken wings in a single layer in a baking dish and pour the sauce over them.
- Toss to thoroughly coat and bake in a preheated 400F (200C) oven, turning once and basting occasionally, until tender and browned, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.