Simple Sweet and Sour Chicken
A simple recipe that will make you want to cook rather than order a Chinese.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to Collection
Servings: 4 people
- 500 g chicken breast fillets skinless , boneless - diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 large green pepper deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 large red pepper deseeded and sliced
- 2 medium carrots sliced finely on an angle
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 small tin pineapple pieces save the juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown soft sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Brown chicken in oil in a large wok over medium high heat.
- Add green pepper, red pepper, carrot and garlic and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornflour and soy sauce together; pour mixture into the frying pan, along with the pineapple and juice, vinegar, sugar and ginger.
- Stir together and bring to a full boil.
- Serve with freshly cooked rice.
You will no longer need to buy a takeaway when you can do it better yourself!!
Calories: 374kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 1388mg | Potassium: 48mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g