Chloe’s Chicken Fried Rice is a simple dish that’s easy to cook and ready within 30 minutes. The only thing I do in advance in to cook the rice allowing it to cool properly to prevent it sticking. The rice MUST be cold for this to work. I use Peanut Oil as I love the flavour but vegetable oil is a good substitute. Furthermore adding a handful of crushed peanuts to the mix for another texture. Served as a main dish but also as a side.
Chloe’s Chicken Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 Wok large or high sided frying pan
- Place your wok or high sided frying pan on a high heat and add the oil.
- When hot, add the chopped inion and stir fry until golden brown but not burnt. Should take no more than 8 minutes.
- Remove the onions from the wok and store on a warm plate for now.
- Keep the wok off the heat whilst you prepare the next section.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and add the sesame oil and soy sauce. Beat well to combine. Put to one side.
- Place the wok back on the hob lowering the temp to a medium high.
- Add 1/2 tsp of oil to the wok. Swirl the oil around to cover the sides.
- Pour in the egg, soy sauce and sesame oil mixture into the wok whisking as you go. The egg should be almost like an omelette consistency. When just set, remove from the wok and slice into small portions.
- Add another 1 tsp of oil to the wok and add the cooked chicken, peas, sweetcorn, carrots and the onion you cooked earlier.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the green onions,(spring onion/scallions) and the pre cooked rice and stir fry for about 3 – 4 minutes. We are just heating everything up now basically.
- Finally add the light soy sauce an the sliced egg (from earlier) to the wok and gently stir in. Stir Fry for about 1 – 2 minutes until everything is hot.
- Serve in warmed bowls/dishes/plates and hoi sin and soy sauce in needed to personalise each dish.