Sweet and Sour Chicken
Everybody loves a good sweet and sour chicken and this fits the bill perfectly. Why chose an expensive takeaway when you can have this?Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tbsp peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 18 oz chicken breast boneless/skinless
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp scallions finely sliced
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp Asian chili sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 12 oz vegetable stir-fry packs
- 1 tbsp lite soy sauce
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts optional
- Heat oil in a large wok or sauté pan on medium heat.
- Cut the chicken breasts into thin strips.
- Add ginger, garlic, and scallions, and stir fry until cooked, but not brown, about 2–3 minutes.
- Add the rice vinegar, chili sauce, and brown sugar to the pan, and bring to a simmer.
- In a bowl, mix cornstarch with chicken broth, and add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Lower temperature to a gentle simmer.
- Add chicken, and stir continually for 6–8 minutes.
- Add vegetables, and mix gently.
- Add the cashew nuts.
- Simmer with lid on to reheat, about 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, and mix gently.
- Divide into warmed bowls to serve.
Sodium: 1139mg | Sugar: 12g | Fiber: 2g | Potassium: 704mg | Cholesterol: 185mg | Calories: 500kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Fat: 26g | Protein: 46g | Carbohydrates: 22g