Thit Bo Xao is a superb Vietnamese dish that will have your mouth watering. I tried for the first time and loved it after adding red chilli to spice it up a bit. This is a dish that is good to have in reserve for those times when you need a buzz. When served with Bo Luc Lac and Nuoc Cham for a superb mix of flavours and textures that work together. Vietnamese cuisine is very versatile that incorporates the cuisines of its neighbours to improve the overall dining experience. Also, Thit Bo Xao can be served as a main dish and a side dish. The beef is cooked hot and fast keeping its flavour and texture. A simple recipe with an “Easy” level.
Thit Bo Xao Dau
- In a large mixing bowl, combine garlic, black pepper, cornstarch, and 1 teaspoon vegetable oil. Add beef, and mix well.
- In a large wok, heat 2 tablespoons oil over high heat for one minute.
- Add meat; cook and stir for about 2 minutes, or until beef begins to brown. Transfer beef to a large bowl, and set aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in wok. Add onion; cook and stir until tender.
- Mix in green beans, and add broth. Cover, and reduce heat to medium.
- Simmer for 4 to 5 minutes, or until beans are tender crisp.
- Stir in soy sauce and beef. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 or 2 minutes, or until heated through.