Jalapenos, hot chilli powder and hot sausage ingredients that make this a Three Alarm Chili.
- 1 lb pork sausage or ground beef
- 15 oz chopped tomatoes tin
- 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 cup Tomato juice
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- 4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 15 oz red kidney beans tin, rinsed/drained
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 2 large jalapeño peppers seeded/chopped
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- 1 pinch ground pepper to taste
- Place a heavy skillet on a moderate heat and brown the meat.
- Drain the meat and combine it in the slow cooker with the remaining ingredients except for the garnishes.
- Cook covered on low heat for 8 to 10 hours, or on high heat for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve with garnishes on the side for your guests to help themselves.