A simpler version of carbonara that is always a hit. The mix of cheese and guanciale (bacon) make this an easy meal to enjoy.
Spaghetti alla Gricia
Simple but gorgeous. Works just as well with RigatoniPrint Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low heat. When it begins to shimmer, add the guanciale and cook, stirring, until golden brown – about 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil over a high heat. Salt the water. When the salt has dissolved, add the pasta and cook until al dente.
- Transfer the pasta to the pan with the guanciale, reserving the cooking water. Heat the pan over a medium-high heat, adding some pasta water. Swirl and stir the pasta as it finishes cooking. The sauce should be thick and slightly liquid, but not watery.
- When the pasta is al dente, turn off the heat, add the pepper and half of the pecorino, then stir vigorously to combine.
- Plate the pasta and serve with the remaining pecorino and some black pepper sprinkled on top.
- Always serve hot
Calories: 590kcal | Carbohydrates: 89g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 1796mg | Potassium: 241mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 5g