Tasty Garlic Bread is a simple recipe that is better than anything you can buy or order as a take away. Make it in advance and served as both a side dish and as a snack this recipe is a meal in its own right. Part of a pasta dish for an ideal accompaniment. I use two different cheese’s (mozzarella and cheddar) for the gooey and the flavour factors.
Tasty Garlic Bread
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C Fan/375F/Gas 5.
- Place the soft unsalted butter into a mixing bowl and add the grated/minced garlic cloves.
- Add the parsley and thyme and mix again until totally combined.
- Using a sharp bread knife slice every inch or so along the bread. Only cut 75-80% through as this will help keep it together and cooking without falling apart.
- Using a blunt knife, spread the butter between the bread on both sides. with a little spread over the top for extra crispiness.
- Slice the mozzarella and grate the cheddar.
- Put some of both cheeses in between the slices.
- Tear a piece of aluminium foil and wrap the bread up tightly.
- Place on a baking tray in the preheated oven for 15 – 20 minutes.
- If you like the bread crispy, open the foil and place in the oven for a few more minutes.
- Serve hot/warm.