Chicken Kiev is a superb method to combine chicken breasts, bread crumbs, butter and garlic. This has been eaten by so many people, normally purchased from a supermarket. However this recipe is cheaper, easy and so much tastier than you will have experienced. This recipe will produce a moist tasty main dish every time. I normally serve these with Boiled Potatoes with Herbs and Bravo Green Beans for a filling meal or just with Old-Fashioned Baked Beans. However, the problem I have is that they go so quickly. My sons and grandson always seem to “pop” round when I cooking these.
- Pound the chicken to a 1/4 inch (5 mm) thickness.
- Combine the butter, chives, parsley, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the butter mixture between the chicken breast halves, spreading it on one side of each.
- Roll the chicken breasts so that the butter mixture is on the inside and secure with a toothpick.
- Dust lightly with flour, dip in the beaten egg, and coat with the bread crumbs.
- Fry in a heavy skillet with about 1/2 inch vegetable oil, or use a deep fryer, until golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen paper towels and serve.