Turkey Left Over Enchiladas is a useful Mexican recipe to use up leftover turkey. The Enchiladas and sauce will have people licking their plates. Whilst not a traditional Christmas dish, preparing these brings smile to family faces. Start using leftover properly and make amazing leftover main dishes.
Turkey Left Over Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- To make the sauce heat the olive oil in saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Add the passata, oregano and black pepper.
- Cover , reduce the heat and leave to simmer for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile for the turkey, heat the olive oil in a separate pan over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, red pepper and courgette.
- Sauté for five minutes then add the turkey mince.
- Cook for around 5-7 minutes, or until the turkey mince is browned and cooked through.
- Add half of the cheese to the turkey mixture and continue to cook until the cheese has melted.
- Divide the turkey mixture between four tortillas and roll up into parcels.
- Place into an ovenproof dish, spoon over sauce and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Place into the preheated oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, until golden.