The fresh tomato topping provides a cool contrast to the spicy dip.
Baked Santa Fe Dip
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise dressing
- 8 oz whole kernel corn drained can (3/4 cup)
- 4 oz chopped green chili peppers drained can
- 2 tsp finely chopped canned chipotle chili peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 medium tomato seeded and chopped (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh cilantro
- 3-4 cups vegetable dippers such as sweet pepper wedges and sliced jicama
- 1 bag lightly salted tortilla chips or baked tortilla wedges
- Stir together cheeses, mayonnaise or salad dressing, corn, chili peppers, chipotle chili peppers, and garlic powder in a large mixing bowl. Spread mixture into a 9-inch quiche dish, shallow 1-quart casserole, or 9-inch pie plate. Cover and chill up to 24 hours. Combine tomato, green onion, and cilantro. Cover and chill up to 24 hours.
- To serve, bake cheese mixture in dish in a 350 degree oven about 25 minutes or until heated through. Spoon tomato mixture in the center. Serve with vegetable dippers and tortilla chips. Makes 28 servings.