Pancakes of any sort are perfect. Banana Pancakes are even better. The mashed bananas add a superb texture to the pancakes. Served piping hot with maple syrup, other fruit or even with another banana makes this a delight. Served as a breakfast or brunch but also as a snack during the day or as a main dish. They always work.
- Combine the flour, caster sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, Add the egg, milk, vegetable oil and bananas in a separate bowl and mix.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt mixture into the banana mixture.
- Don’t worry, the batter will be slightly lumpy.
- Place a lightly oiled pan on a medium heat.
- Scoop the batter onto the pan using enough to cover the base of the pan.
- When the topside of the pancake starts to bubble, its time to flip over.
- Toss the pancake with a single flip.
- Cook until the pancakes are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot. with the topping of your choice.