Butternut Squash Soup
A warming delicate soup for those cold winter evenings.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 4 people
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil 15 ml
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 lb butternut peeled, seeded, and cut into cubes, 500 g
- 1 medium potato peel/cube
- 1 large cooking apple peel/core/cube
- 2 cups vegetable stock 500 ml
- 2 cups apple juice 500 ml
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 2 ml
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger 2 ml
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin 1 ml
- 2 grate nutmeg
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over moderate heat and cook the onion for 5 minutes, until tender but not brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer covered 15 to 20 minutes, until the potato and squash are tender.
- Carefully process in small batches in a food processor or electric blender until smooth.
- Garnish with an additional grating of fresh nutmeg, if desired.
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 0.5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 541mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g