Feed 6 people easily in 30 minutes.
Chicken and Chickpea Stew
A lovely healthy recipe that is tasty, filling and comforting all in one go.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- 6 large chicken breast skin/ boneless
- 15 oz chickpeas drained
- 3 cups chicken stock 500-750 ml
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds 125 ml
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley 60 ml
- 1 tsp lemon juice 5 ml
- 1 whole cinnamon stick
- 1/2 tsp saffron threads 2 ml, optional
- 1 pinch Salt to taste
- 1 pinch ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients in a pot and bring to a simmer over high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer covered until the chicken is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes.
Sodium: 341mg | Sugar: 1g | Fiber: 4g | Potassium: 192mg | Calories: 182kcal | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Fat: 11g | Protein: 9g | Carbohydrates: 14g