When you want a delicious gooey chocolate dessert then this is it. A Chocolate Fondant is so full of flavour and texture with a delicate outer and gooey runny chocolate inside. Make this for your love as it says I love you in a gorgeous messy way. Served with pistachios and grated chocolate with a scoop of whisky cream for a display of affection. Served as a dessert is a perfect end to a meal.
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Butter three ramekins or small dishes and dust with cocoa powder. Put to one side.
- Place the butter and 70% chocolate in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water and melt.
- In another bowl, add the eggs and sugar and whisk until light and airy. Add the chocolate and butter mixture and whisk.
- When whisked, add the malt powder and a pinch of salt.
- The mixture should be lovely and smooth.
- Divide the delicious mixture between the ramekins and bake. If your want a gooey fondant, bake for 15 minutes until they are just cooked yet still wobbly in the middle or 18-20 minutes if you want a pudding.
- Remove from the oven serve warm for a lovely mess, or leave to cool in their ramekins.
- I normally add a little scoop of whisky cream, grated chocolate and pistachios on top.
- It is beautiful.