Crab Quesadillas – Quesadillas de Cangrejo are a truly delightfully simple main dish. They are full of flavour, aroma and look amazing. I make my own tortillas now that are far tastier than shop brought. The crab filling is so easy to prepare but so tasty. When most people are used to a boring cheese sandwich, you hit them with one of these for an instant BAM!! I use Monterey Jack cheese in this recipe for its but you can always use a mild cheddar. As you will imagine these must be served warm. Then again it is amazing how quickly the family run when I’m baking these.
Crab Quesadillas - Quesadillas de Cangrejo
- Grease a large baking sheet with the butter or margarine.
- Rub the tortillas on the greased surface so as to lightly grease one side of each tortilla.
- With the tortillas greased-side-down on the baking sheet, place one quarter of the shredded cheese on one half of each tortilla.
- Top this with the crab, a dash or two of the optional hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fold each tortilla over and bake in a 350F (180C) oven for about 5 minutes, until the bottom is golden brown.
- Flip the quesadillas over and cook an additional 5 minutes, or until the other side is golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Cut into wedges and serve immediately.