A healthy vegetarian way to start your day. This loaf is full of taste and flavour, you will find it difficult to go back.
Figgy Breakfast Loaf
This loaf is full of taste and flavour, you will find it difficult to go back.Print Facebook Pinterest Twitter Add to CollectionCollections
Servings: 6 people
- Preheat the oven to 160C, gas mark 3, and thoroughly grease and line the base of a 1lb loaf tin
- Cream the butter and the sugar together until light and fluffy
- Add the eggs and mix thoroughly
- Mix the figs into the flour to coat evenly
- Fold this and all the remaining ingredients into the creamed mixture
- Spoon into the prepared tin and level the surface
- Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a rack
- Serve in thick slices just as it is, or toasted
- Try serving with natural yogurt and apple compote
Supplied kindly by AHDB.
Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 0.4g | Saturated Fat: 0.1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 238mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 28g