This classic Shrimp Salad is a simple dish that is full of flavour, texture and colour. The simple dressing comines the ingredients into a simple dish. I have used this as a main dish but also as a side dish. Classic Shrimp Salad goes so well with dishes such as Steamed Lobster, Rosemary Skewered Scallops and Poached Salmon.
Classic Shrimp Salad
- 2 lbs shrimp medium, peeled, deveined, and cooked, 675-900 g
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise 125 ml
- 1/2 cup yogurt 125 ml
- 1 medium cucumber seeded and chopped
- 3 tbsp slivered blanched almonds 45 ml
- 1 head Lettuce washed/ draiined and sliced
- 3 tbsp chives chopped 45 ml
- 1/2 medium red cabbage finely sliced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice 30 ml
- 1/2 medium lemon grated zest only
- 1 large lemon cut into wedges
- Salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- Combine all the ingredients except the lemon wedges in a large bowl, tossing to combine thoroughly.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature, garnished with lemon wedges.