These Rosemary Skewered Scallops are a simple dish that packs so much flavour very quickly and very easily. The Rosemary adds a new flavour to an old classic. The scallops are cooked fast and hot to absorb the flavours without overpowering them. When you are looking for a starter to impress and set the tone of the following courses, this is the one. The scallops are seasoned and dabbed in olive oil and then the surprise. They are sprinkled with finely grated parmesan cheese. Rosemary Skewered Scallops are ideal for cooking both indoors and outdoors on a bbq. Either way this works so well and smells so good.
- Toss the scallops with the olive oil, season them with salt and pepper, and sprinkle them with the parmesan cheese.
- Strip the leaves off the rosemary branches, leaving only about 1 inch (2.5 cm) of leaves at the top.
- Skewer the scallops onto the branches.
- It may help to form a sharp point on the tips of the branches by cutting them at an angle.
- Grill directly over hot coals for a total of 5 to 6 minutes, turning them halfway through the grilling time.