Grilled Chicken Wraps are a simple snack that is a pleasure to eat. A slight play on the chicken Caesar salad recipe. Placed in a wrap makes this ideal for lunches, picnics and kids. I often serve the wrap warmed for an additional essense but can must be served straight away. Also, you can use pittas instead of wraps if you prefer.
The flavours of the chicken breast once marinated in the sauce gives a superb additional depth that is so gorgeous. If you can leave the chicken to marinade longer, the better. I have also added mange tout, scallions and red onions to the mix for added variety. The list to add is totally up to you.
Grilled Chicken Wraps
- 8 large chicken breast halves skinless and boneless
- 2-4 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 cup soy sauce 125 ml
- 1/4 cup rice wine or sake 60 ml
- 2 tbsp lime juice 30 ml
- 2 tbsp sesame oil 30 ml
- 1 tbsp honey 15 ml
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger 15 ml, grated
- 1 tsp Chinese five-spice powder 5 ml
- 8 large flour tortillas or pita breads
- Place the chicken breasts in a shallow glass pan.
- Stir together the remaining ingredients except for the tortillas and pour over the chicken.
- Marinate refrigerated for 30 minutes to several hours.
- Grill or broil the chicken breasts until done, about 3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately wrapped in a tortilla or pita bread, or transport chilled and wrap immediately before serving.