This simple little recipe has saved me many times over. The Herbed Roast Chicken is quick to prep, easy to cook and tastes divine. The herbs of Rosemary and Thyme mixed with the garlic and lemon juice creates an aroma that’s alluring. The mix is place inside the chicken and roasted so that their flavours permeate the entire of the chickens flesh. Also by drizzling the top of the herbed roast chicken with olive oil ensures that the skin becomes lovely and crispy. I normally serve this recipe with Low Fat Roast Potatoes and crisp green beans. Any left over I use to make Chicken Leftover Soup.
Herbed Roast Chicken
- Season the inside of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place the garlic, herbs, and lemon wedges in the cavity.
- Truss the chicken and place in a lightly greased roasting pan.
- Drizzle with the olive oil and rub it into the skin of the chicken.
- Place the pan in the center of a preheated 425F (220C) oven.
- Baste with the accumulated pan juices every 10 to 15 minutes until the chicken is done, about 80 to 90 minutes.
- The chicken is done when the juices run clear when the thickest part of the thigh is pricked with a knife.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and allow to rest 10 minutes before carving.