This Honey Glazed Ham tastes very much like the famous honey baked ham but costs much less, and there’s no need to fight the crowds at holiday time. You can even buy the ham pre-sliced to make it easier but a full ham carries more flavour. It is very good. However, don’t forget to baste it. This ham goes so well with so many different meals. I have served this as a main dish, side dish, snack, starter and basically everything else. Serve with Spicy Tomato Chutney for a superb simple sandwich or with Beer Battered Chips and a fried egg for a slap up meal.
Honey Glazed Ham
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Score ham, and stud with the whole cloves. Place ham in foil lined pan.
- In the top half of a double boiler, heat the corn syrup, honey and butter. Keep glaze warm while baking ham.
- Brush glaze over ham, and bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Baste ham every 10 to 15 minutes with the honey glaze. During the last 4 to 5 minutes of baking, turn on broiler to caramelize the glaze.
- Remove from oven, and let sit a few minutes before serving.