Whilst dips and spreads tend to pop in and out of fashion, hot crab dip has always remained popular. I have used this in the height of winter and the scorching heat of summer and it has always been good. This dip is ideal as a dish with small slices of toasted bread and crackers. However, put some on a warm bagel and you have a new level. Also I have used this as a starter when followed by a dark meat such as Beef Stroganoff or Beef Wellington. This is a dip that people will think of as dated but will always try. Funny that!
Hot Crab Dip
- Mix all ingredients except crab meat in a large bowl.
- Add the crab and toss gently, using your fingers so as not to break the crab meat into small pieces.
- Place in oven-proof casserole dish, or into 8 individual serving dishes.
- Top with a thin coating of mayonnaise and garnish with a dusting of paprika.
- Bake at 350F (180C) for 15 minutes, or until warm through.
- Serve with toast points or crackers.